Thursday 23 February 2012

Practice drawings

I wanted to practice drawing people before I started on my own Vogue, I haven't really ever done fashion illustrations. After looking at the range of fashion illustration out in todays magazines I feel that fashion illustration can be in any media and doesn't necessary have to look identical to clothing especially when it is editorial.
I have started my drawing from images and adding and changing the way I see the image.

Here I altered the dress and hair to resemble a sea creatures


Here I was thinking about pattern and created my own pattern over a girls face



Simple lines, making the model look evil


This was a photo that I copied and then added pattern to the dress, This was already altered photography, I dont think I will be doing this sort of style in my vogue.


Just a face, doesnt show off clothes


adding a colour to black and white











I dont think this works at all, but have shown it to say what I wont be doing. If I add colour I will only be adding it using pens or other materials, I will not be altering the colours on photoshop.



What I do need to decided is if my magazine is going to have colour? some pages could, but would it make it not flow. I would have to keep it in context with the designers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment