Monday 28 May 2012

Brief 1- Parliament boards


Open publication - Free publishing - More brief



Parliament was a brief to get me to transfer images on to t-shirts. I succeeded in this by designing a range of illustration for a Clothes company I named Parliament. I wanted to expand the bief so I had to design a logo and a range of packaging and labels.
Through designing the logo I think I have developed skills in that area. I concentrated on the type, finding the right one to match the style and added my own tweak to it. I have improved my illustration skills as  I had to be aware of how the images would work on a t-shirt or garment and design accordingly.
I still think the main strength in this brief is the illustrations and logo, I could have experiment more with colours of in and colours of t-shirts. I think the type in this project is a strong point, I prefer how I havn't hand drawn the logo which I think in the past I would normally do. This makes the work look more believable and professional. If i had more time I would have liked to design more packaging. I have mocked things up, but I would have like to of picked my own stocks and see the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment