Monday 28 May 2012

Brief 2- Vogue illustrated boards


Open publication - Free publishing - More brief



I really enjoyed brief 2, I spent a lot of time and effort making sure I was very precise with my illustration and with the background images as I wanted it to look amazing. I found the whole of the brief interesting, I normally only really enjoy the drawing part but I really enjoyed taking photos and editing the colours and placing my illustrations in. 
I have made quite a few mistakes and trial and errors but I think this has helped me to create the best I could do.
However I wanted this magazine to be massive, with a different illustration on each page and have it the actually size of Vogue. I didn't realise just how long that would take, so I chose 3 designers and used the illustration I drew more that once in the magazine, making it 20 pages long. 
I think an area for improvement in my magazine is the front cover. I am happy with the colours, they did not come back different than what I expected. I am unhappy that I dont think the cover and the back page match the rest of the magazine. I think maybe a photograph would have worked better as that is how the rest of the magazine looks.
I hand drew my type which I think works as it matches the illustrated girls. However there is no other type throughout the magazine. I did say it was not about type and how I wanted it all to be illustrations and photos, I should have tried and see what i would have looked like, but I didn't know what information to put in as it wasnt about the designers, it was about me as an illustrator. 
Aswel as the magazine I created proposal for the next few issues and also mocked up advertisement and products you can buy. I would have liked to make something else which you could physically pick up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment